Shredders are becoming an indispensable piece of office equipment for every business. But which one is right for you? The GBC Shredmaster GDS2213 is specifically designed to meet the low security needs of a small department, with use by about 5-10 people who shred often. Its heavy duty, durable construction is built to withstand prolonged, daily use over many years. Here is a closer look at the details of the GDS2213.
- The automatic on and off allows one-handed use . Simply press the power button to put the shredder in “Ready” mode. Then slide in your documents. The blades will start and stop automatically. After a two minute period of idleness, the shredder will power down to conserve energy. It will also stop if a jam is detected or if the bag is full. Visual indicators keep you constantly apprised of your machine’s status.
- Innovative Jam Free technology works to prevent jams before they occur. An optical signal alerts the user to overfed paper before it clogs the blades. Simply remove the excess items and continue shredding.
- The sturdy motor is powerful enough for continuous operation. This means it won’t require frequent cool down periods to keep from overheating. Busy offices will appreciate not having to idly wait for the shredder to be ready.
- Self cleaning and self oiling cutters guarantee optimal, long lasting performance.
- A nine inch wide opening accepts up to 22 sheets at once, shredding them as fast as ten feet per minute. The blades are strong enough to eat through staples, paperclips, credit cards, CDs, and DVDs. Thin, illegible strips remain and provide a level two security rating.
- The narrow strips are collected in a spacious 13 gallon waste bin.
- GBC provides a 20 year warranty on the heavy duty blades with a two year guarantee on the rest of the device. They also offer on-site service for most of their office models.
- The unreadable strips only offer a level two security rating. For generic office shredding of memos and old work orders, this is more than enough. But sensitive data should go through a cross cut shredder. We recommend the GDX1813.
- At 60 pounds, this shredder is fairly heavy to pick up and move. Luckily, casters on the bottom allow it to be rolled from one location to another. Most users don’t find this to be a big problem.
- One thing that would be nice is separate waste bins for paper and non-paper waste. This would allow easy recycling of the paper while CD shreds could be tossed in the trash. Some users don’t mind this, for others it’s a big deal. If you prefer a device with segregated waste compartments, check out the MBM Destroyit 2270.
Clearly, the GDS2213 is more than capable of handling the shredding needs of any medium office. Automatic, jam free features provide simple operation. Narrow strips provide ample security for general purpose shredding. And decent capacities effortlessly handle moderate use. We think the GBC Shredmaster GDS2213 is an excellent choice for your next low security shredder.
If you’d like to purchase the GBC Shredmaster GDS2213, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have a wide selection of other Paper Shredders. Plus, you’ll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00.Check it out for yourself now!