Selecting the right guillotine paper cutter can be challenging because you need to find a device that has the cutting capacity and length you desire, as well as adequate safety features so you’ll remain safe. You also want one that’s well-constructed. So one cutter you need to take a look at is the Dahle 561. Here’s all you need to know about this trimmer including what kind of grade it gets. Read on so you can decide if this device is right for you.
- This product has a 14.5-inch cutting length. This is a good because you’ll be able to trim both large and small documents. Trimming letter- and legal-sized items will be really easy.
- The Dahle 561 has a really good cutting capacity. It can slice through up to 30 sheets of paper at one time so it would be great for a variety of trimming jobs even if they’re on the large side.
- Dahle is known for using high-quality materials when constructing their products and this is especially true of this device. This cutter’s blade is made from ground Solingen steel so it’s incredibly durable and very sharp. The blade is even shelf-sharpening so you’ll never have to worry about it becoming dull.
- This cutter’s base is made out of pure metal so it won’t become warped. (It won’t break either.) It has both standard and metric measurements printed on it so you can either use centimeters or inches when getting ready to cut your paper. There are also cutting guides for a variety of different paper sizes, as well as a protractor which will come in handy if you ever need to make any angled cuts.
- The Dahle 561 is pretty safe to use which is a very good thing. The blade has been constructed so it won’t fall down or fly up. There’s even a rotary guard covering the blade so you’ll never come into contact with it. All together, this is one of the safest paper cutters you can use.
- This cutter comes with an adjustable backstop and an automatic paper clamp. The backstop ensures accurate cutting while the paper clamp will keep your documents steady when you cut them. This will help you get the job done right from the get-go which will definitely help you save time.
- The Dahle 561 is fairly compact so you can save room in your workspace. It’s 17.25 inches long and 10.5 inches wide. It also doesn’t weigh very much (only 13 pounds), so you’ll be able to move it around easily.
Final grade: A-. The Dahle 561 is one of the best paper cutters you can buy. It can be used to cut documents of varying sizes and it has an excellent cutting capacity. Plus, it’s very well-constructed and has some terrific safety features so your experience with it will be a positive one. So if you need a guillotine cutter, you should definitely give the Dahle 561 a look today.
If you’d like to purchase the Dahle 561, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have a wide selection of other Paper Handling Equipment. Plus, you’ll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00.