If you don’t have a personal paper shredder for use at home, it’s time you got one. Every year, more and more people become victims of identity theft and it’s easy to become a victim of this crime if you don’t take the time to shred junk mail, old receipts, documents containing your Social Security number, and so on. But knowing which shredder to choose can be challenging, so you probably want someone to point you in the right direction as to what one you should get. One option is the Standard 2020s Strip-Cut Shredder. It’s a small device that’s ideal for home use even though it does have a couple of things that could be improved. Here’s what you need to know about this product.
• The 2020s has a pretty good shredding capacity for a small, personal-sized shredder. It can handle up to 8 sheets of paper at a time and can accept both letter- and legal-sized documents because it has a 9.5-inch feed opening.
• This machine can shred really quickly: it can destroy up to 22 feet of material in one minute. That will allow you to finish shredding much sooner.
• There are 6 levels of shredder security with Level 6 machines being the most secure ones. This machine is a Level 2 strip-cut device. Level 2 machines are great for destroying everyday personal documents.
• The 2020s will start shredding automatically when you place paper in the feed opening. It will cease operating when the paper has been destroyed or when the waste bin gets too full.
• The waste bin can hold up to 6.5 gallons of shreds so you won’t have to empty it very often.
• The 2020s is a nicely compact device that will be able to fit just about anywhere. It’s dimensions are 18″ (height) x 16.5″ (width) x 10.75″ (depth) and it only weighs 19 pounds, so it will be easy to move around.
What needs improvement:
• Since this is a Level 2 strip-cut shredder, it shouldn’t be used for destroying highly classified documents. The shreds will be 1/8″ wide so there is a possibility that someone could technically reassemble your documents.
• This device cannot shred plastic items such as credit cards and CD’s/DVD’s. However, there are a lot of personal-sized shredders on the market that can, such as some of the machines available from Fellowes.
As you can see, the Standard 2020s is a good, basic shredder that would be a good choice for use at home. It works quickly and efficiently and will take care of your legal- and legal-sized documents. The inclusion of an automatic start/stop feature was is great, as is the capacity of the waste bin. However, just be aware that a Level 2 security rating isn’t super high and you’ll need to find another way to dispose of your old credit cards and multimedia items. If you’re okay with those things, consider taking the 2020s home today so you can keep your identity under wraps.
If you’d like to purchase the Standard 2020s, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have all the Shredder Oil and Bags that you’ll need. Plus, you’ll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00.