Plastic comb binding is probably the most popular document finishing method in the world because it’s inexpensive and can be easily done. This bookbinding method – which is sometimes referred to as Ibico binding – can be used for all sorts of documents from school reports to business proposals. If you’re interested in this binding method, there are a few things you need to know about it before you get started. Here’s a short introduction to plastic comb binding including a few points on what to look for in a comb binding machine.
Posts Tagged ‘Binders’ on MyBindingBlog.com
Binders are one of the most common methods for storing and displaying your important documents. There are a number of different varieties of 3-Ring Binders available for your organization to use. Learn all about the different styles of binders and what they can do for your organization. Whether you are looking for Economy View Binders, Premium View Binders, Wilson Jones Binders, GBC Ring Binders, Presstex Binders, Avery Binders, Cardinal Binders or Samsill Binders we have information on them all. Read the articles and posts below and if you still have questions feel free to give us a call. We are always glad to help.
Three-ring binders are great. What other office product offers you the means to store, organize, and present your documents? There aren’t many, that’s for sure. But did you know there’s more than one type of three-ring binder? This Hub will take a look at some of the binders available as well as the accessories you can use with them. Read on to learn all about three-ring binders (and accessories) and what they have to offer you.
Antimicrobial binders. Working in any kind of shared environment has its advantages and disadvantages. One of the biggest disadvantages is that it’s incredibly easy to spread germs. This can increase your chances of becoming sick (and making others sick), especially during the chillier times of the year. Luckily, there are a number of items that can help prevent people from getting sick including hand sanitizer, vitamins, and antimicrobial binders.
If you run a business, you’re probably aware of the many different types of office equipment that are available including photocopiers, laser and ink-jet printers, and so on. There’s also a category of items which are known in the office machine industry as paper handling equipment. You might be wondering what those items are. They include a variety of devices ranging from booklet makers to paper cutters, letter openers to paper drills. Here’s a look at 5 different kinds of paper handling equipment. Check it out….
Cutting tools. Cutting tools are very common paper handling items and they include items such as rotary trimmers and guillotine cutters. Here are some of the devices that are available: Read the rest of this entry »
The new year is only a couple of weeks old, but it’s never too early to think about what you want to accomplish in 2011. Since it’s a new year, it’s time to think about the things that would enhance your life and make you grow as a person. These are a little bit different from resolutions in that they’re things you should do if you want to – not because you feel like you need to. It could be going back to school, doing yoga, learning how to knit, or whatever else you’re interested in. This Hub will give you some ideas about what you could do in 2011.
- Get organized. One of the best things you can do for yourself is get organized. Living in a cluttered space can be stressful and it can cause you to spend more time on cleaning than you want to just because the mess is so big. If you get organized and stay organized, cleaning will be faster and easier. You can start in whatever room of the house you like: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc. Throw or give away anything you haven’t used in the past 6 months. (You can hold on to seasonal items – such as Christmas decorations – if you wish.) If you have a book, CD, or DVD collection, sort your titles and display them on a shelf or in a case. Wish the dishes and organize the cupboards so you can easily access those items you regularly use, such as your favorite coffee mug. And do make sure you take time to get your documents in order, perhaps by using a binder or file box. You should have a good paper shredder on-hand when you do this so you can safely dispose of any documents containing personal information. Shredding the documents will cut down on clutter, as well as reduce your risk of identity theft.
- Start reading more. If there’s one thing that Americans don’t do enough of it, it’s reading. Sure, most people read e-mails, news articles, and Facebook updates on a daily basis. (You probably do, too.) But when was the last time you sat down with a classic novel or an intriguing work of non-fiction? If you can’t remember, make reading a priority in 2011. Reading is one pastime that can be continually rewarding. It can fire up your imagination, give you something to think about, and supply you with conversation topics. You can read alone in your easy chair or in a coffee shop. Or you could even join a book club to meet fellow readers. Best of all, there’s no shortage of reading material out there and new books are released every week. So visit your favorite bookstore or local library to pick up some titles.
- Try something creative. It’s human nature to express ourselves, so if you don’t already have a creative pastime, why not try one out this year? The choices are endless. You could try painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, scrapbooking, or even writing. If you have a computer, you could use various graphics programs to create your own digital art. Or you could drag out that electric guitar that’s been stashed in your closet for a few years. Photography is a lot of fun and thanks to digital cameras, it’s easier than ever to take great pictures. If you take some that you particularly like, you can make your own photobooks using a thermal binding machine. They make great gifts and will give you a way to show off your work.
- Go back to school. Continuing your education can be a great thing to do as long as you have the time and determination to do it. You could go to school to be exposed to new ideas or pick up a new skill, such as webpage design. If you started a degree years ago, you can continue your studies so you can get your Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree. Or you could train for a new career all together. You may even qualify for financial aid so you don’t need to foot the entire bill yourself. If you live in an urban area, there’s bound to be a state university or community college nearby, so be sure to look into it. And get some three-ring binders and index tabs so you can keep your assignments organized.
- Get moving. Exercising regularly is an important part of taking care of yourself. You don’t even need to do it to lose weight. Exercising can help relieve stress, give your mood a boost, and help you build strength. Plus, depending on the type of exercise you choose, it can be fun. Some of the activities you can try include yoga, martial arts, dance, hiking, tennis, and so on. You could even just start taking walks around the block. There are a lot of things to do that can help you stay active. Give one of them a try.
- Adopt a cat or a dog. If you don’t already have a pet – or if you want to add to your menagerie – adopting a cat or a dog is a wonderful thing to do. Studies have shown that looking after a critter can reduce loneliness and lower blood pressure, so you’ll be making yourself healthier in addition to saving a life. Plus, cats and dogs can provide hours of amusement, they offer unconditional love, and there are so many of them that need loving homes. Just make sure you have everything you need before your take your new best friend home. That will help ensure that the transition from the animal shelter to his/her forever home is a smooth one. (If you’re not a cat or dog lover, perhaps there’s another type of animal you’re interested in. Fish are great for apartments and there are also many bunnies, gerbils, hamsters, birds, and reptiles that need homes.)
Having an administrative assistant is very helpful. There’s nothing like having someone help you with your daily duties and make sure that everything in the office is going as planned. If you have an admin, chances are he/she has a good arsenal of office supplies and devices to begin with such as a computer, cell phone, and a bunch of pens. However, there are some other things that can make his/her job even easier. They include….
A letter opener. One of an admin’s typical daily tasks is opening the mail. In small offices, this can be easily done by hand but in larger workplaces, an electric letter opener can be a godsend. There are some excellent ones available from Martin Yale. They range from small to large, with the small ones literally fitting in the palm of the hand for easy use. The larger machines can efficiently process dozens of pieces of mail so your admin can spend his/her time doing something more productive.