Laminators are essential machines that can come in handy in a variety of work environments especially offices and schools. There are essentially two types of laminators (pouch and roll) and they’re both made by some first-rate manufacturers. These companies range from well-known ones (Fellowes, GBC) to ones that aren’t too familiar to people outside the document finish industry (Drytac, Tamerica). If you’re looking for a laminator, there are some names you should for. Here are seven of them. Check them out so you can learn which names are the best in one area of the document finishing industry.
Posts Tagged ‘Paper Cutters’ on MyBindingBlog.com
Paper Cutters are a convenient way to save time and money for any school, print shop, business, or even home office. Whether you need Guillotine Paper Cutters or Rotary Paper Cutters for your job, MyBinding.com carries a wide selection to help you get the right cutter. With so many choices available, MyBinding.com makes it easy to match the right Paper Cutter directly to your needs. If you are looking for high quality paper cutters, be sure to check out the professional MBM KutTrimmer Paper Cutters line, or if you need easy to use paper cutters, check out the Electric Paper Cutters. MyBinding.com even carries all the Replacement Blades for all of our paper cutters. If you need help choosing the from our great selection of Paper Cutters, check out the information below or shoot over to MyBinding.com and let us help you choose the Paper Cutters for your needs.
Cutting paper and other materials is pretty easy when you have the right equipment handy. Cutting tools come in a number of different forms and three of the most common ones are scissors, guillotine paper cutters, rotary trimmers, and stack cutters. Here’s an overview of all three of these kinds of tools so you can hopefully learn which one might be right for your needs.
Scissors. Scissors are the most common tools and something that everyone will use at some point. After all, scissors are made for everyone including little kids (remember the safety scissors you used as a youngster?) and professionals. They can be used to cut a variety of materials including paper, fabric, yarn, plastic, and more. There are even some that are strong enough to be used in cooking and other applications.
Guillotine paper cutters are handy tools to use when you need to cleanly cut a good amount of paper at once. However, using one of these cutters can be dangerous if you’re not careful. Here are a few ways you can stay safe while cutting:
- Don’t rush. When you use your cutter, don’t be in a rush to finish the job. If you’re in a hurry, you’re more likely to be careless which can lead to injury. So pay attention to what you’re doing.
- Use the blade latch. Your paper cutter probably has a blade latch. This feature keeps the blade locked in the “down” position when not in use. Make sure you take advantage of this feature.
- Keep your fingers away from the blade. It’s important to keep your hands and fingers as far away from the blade as possible. Some cutters have finger guards. If your cutter does, don’t remove it. It’s there to keep you safe.
Does your workplace need a high-quality guillotine paper cutter? If so, then you should take a look at the Dahle 561 Premium 14.5 Inch Heavy-Duty Guillotine Cutter. This is one of the best paper cutters you’ll come across. Take a look at what makes this trimmer one of the best:
- The 561 is a great cutter to have around if you regularly need to cut large quantities of paper. This device can cut up to 35 sheets at once. The blade is made out of durable Solingen steel and is self-sharpening.
- This is one of the safest guillotine cutters to use because it has a rotary blade cover. The blade is totally covered when you cut your paper so you can remain safe. Also, the blade won’t fly up or fall down unexpectedly which helps prevent injury.
- The 561 comes with an automatic paper clamp and an adjustable backstop. There is also a metric sizing grid so your paper can be perfectly aligned before you cut it.
- If you want a durable guillotine cutter, the 561 is a great choice. The base is made out of metal so it’s durable and built to last. You’re likely to get years of use out of this device.
- Finally, the 561 comes with a lifetime warranty.
There are certain things that every office needs. These are the obvious things such as computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and paper and pens. But something that may not cross your mind as your stocking your office is that you need cutting tools. Cutting tools come in several forms including guillotine and rotary trimmers, scissors, stack cutters, and so on. There are a lot of these devices available so choosing the right ones can be tricky. However, if you keep reading you’ll discover the three must-have cutting tools you need for your office. Check them out.